Pages

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

The Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY . . . July 22, 2014

Outside my window . . . it is sunny and clear, 76*. We are off to a beautiful start!

I am thinking . . . scattered thoughts! Still having trouble getting my mind to settle down.

I am thankful . . . for the health and safety of my family. I seem to hear/read so much about accidents and illnesses! I am constantly reminded to be grateful for the calm of no crises in my own home.

In the kitchen . . . I have a new dishwasher! But it's not installed because poor, dear hubby is going to have to run a new supply line as the current one is in the way for proper installation :(

I am wearing . . . one of my cotton gowns.

I am creating . . . odds and ends. I'm having a hard time focusing on any one thing for too long, so I've just been doing bits and pieces. Yesterday I fixed 2 bracelets and pinned up the hem on a new dress I bought for out trip next month.

I am going . . . to meet with the lectio divina coordinator for a final interview this afternoon. It's been an interesting experience.

I am wondering . . . about joining a spiritual directions group this fall through Dovehouse Ministries. It is a group that meets once a month to pray for each other. 

I am reading . . . Wild: From Lost to Found on the Pacific Crest Trail by Cheryl Strayed. It's very interesting so far. Reese Witherspoon is starring in the movie adaptation.

I am looking forward to . . . lunch with a dear, dear friend on Thursday!

I am hearing . . . Yaya snoring away during her morning nap.

Around the house . . . I've got to vacuum today! The dog woofies are planning a coup d'état!

I am praying . . . for my dd. She has been hired for a full-time position and is getting her own apartment with a friend in late August. I am so happy for her as she moves into a new aspect of her life!

One of my favorite things . . . is organization. My bestie and I reorganized my pantry yesterday. I love being able to look in and find just what I need without having to move everything around.

A few plans for the rest of the week . . . a couple of meetings today, a LONG allergist appointment tomorrow followed by another meeting. On Thursday I meet my friend for lunch! And the weekend is looking pretty free and clear.

Here is a picture for thought I am sharing . . . 
a made-up pumpkin/sour cream crumb cake
for Green Street last week




1 comment:

  1. My thoughts are seriously scattered this week too. I just can't get a handle on my mind!

    Your pantry looks great. I've been tackling an organization project here and there. Nothing major but it does make a pretty big impact :)

    ReplyDelete

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.