Pages

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

The Simple Woman's Daybook


FOR TODAY . . . October 4, 2011

Outside my window . . . it is clear and cool this morning. It is definitely beginning to feel like autumn. We're in the typical October cycle -- cool mornings, warm/hot afternoons, and back to cool evenings. It's lovely!

I am thinking . . . that I need a vacation from life or better stress coping skills!

I am thankful . . . for so much! My house, my kids, my husband, my church family, new friends and old friends. My life is so richly blessed, and yet I have to tendency to forget that. Thank you, Lord, for my life!

From the learning rooms . . . ds is working on a collage telling the story of Frankenstein. He printed off Victorian anatomical drawings. I'm curious to see the finished product.

In the kitchen . . . I spent a good bit of Saturday morning deep cleaning my refrigerator/freezer in an attempt to track down a particularly vile odor. The culprit: black beans. Who would have thought! Ds had opened a can (unbeknownst to me) to make quesadillas. They had apparently fermented in the back of the fridge!

I am wearing . . . a black tank top, my flannel robe and my new gray and red winter house shoes. Toasty!

I am creating . . . fingerless gloves for dd. I'd never done these before, but I found a pattern online, and worked on them yesterday. Dd's hands get REALLY cold in the winter, so she is excited that I've learned to make them.

I am going . . . to run a few errands, maybe go to yoga class and then play all day with my bff!


I am wondering . . .  about my resistance to schedules. In theory they seem like such a positive approach to life, but the older I get the more I seem to resent them, even if they are self-imposed.

I am reading . . . Manner of Death by Stephen White.

I am hoping . . . for normalcy. I expect to be disappointed.


I am looking forward to . . . my play date with my bff, Linda, today. We haven't gotten to hang out in quite a while. We'll probably just sit around crocheting and talking. Two little old ladies! 


I am hearing . . . silence, punctured by the occasional dog barking.

Around the house . . . are lots of dust bunnies (or dinosaurs, depending on your perspective!). Time to vacuum : )

I am pondering . . . the book of Daniel chapter 2.

One of my favorite things . . . is baking, but I can't seem to get much mojo going in this direction. I think I'll bake some banana bread today, and we "need" more pumpkin bread, too.

A few plans for the rest of the week . . . pretty much the usual. Meeting tomorrow morning, Precepts class on Thursday, housework on Friday, and then it's the weekend again!


Here is a picture for thought I am sharing . . . 

ds and gf dressed for House, MD day during Spirit week



2 comments:

  1. Cute picture...
    I've never been one for schedules but I do make lots of lists and everything does seem to get done eventually...I'm a slow started in the mornings so jumping in there early is just not my style....
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete
  2. Something about the month of October; you just seem to *need* more pumpkin bread on a regular basis! I hope you have a great month! :)

    ReplyDelete

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.