Pages

Monday, October 10, 2011

Apple Cake -- Made by You Mondays


I've been on a bit of a baking spree. Apple Cake on Thursday, Banana Bread on Saturday, and I'm thinking Pumpkin Bread today.

I had some apples that needed to be used, so I pulled out this apple cake recipe. I used to make it a lot, but I hadn't made it in a long time. It was just as yummy as I had remembered! Makes a nice dessert or breakfast with a cup of tea or coffee.

Apple Cake
2/3 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar (not packed)
1/4 cup canola oil
3 large egg whites
2/3 cup all purpose flour
2/3 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup oats or oat bran
1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. nutmeg or allspice
3 cups shredded unpeeled apples
powdered sugar

Spray a 9x13 baking pan. Preheat oven to 350 degrees (F). Combine first 4 ingredients in mixer bowl and beat until smooth. Add remaining ingredients, except apples and powdered sugar; stir until just moistened. Stir in apples. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake for 25-30 minutes. Cool thoroughly and then dust with powdered sugar. Serves 16.
the next morning!

for more go to Skip to My Lou

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.