Pages

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

The Simple Woman's Daybook



FOR TODAY . . . November 1, 2011

Outside my window . . . it is 34 degrees outside with a light frost glistening on the grass. Autumn has definitely arrived!

I am thinking . . . about what truly needs to be done today. My goal is to focus on that and not worry so much about the rest.

I am thankful . . . for a good night's rest and beautiful sunshine this morning.

From the learning rooms . . . ds started wrestling practice yesterday. I've got to be sure there are plenty of healthy foods in the house for him.

In the kitchen . . . last night we had roasted pork tenderloin and succotash. Tonight I think we will have grilled steak and baked potatoes. I have some steaks in the freezer, so I need to get them out and into the marinade.

I am wearing . . . gray sweatpants, a long sleeved t-shirt, a sweater, socks and fuzzy boots. (I had to make an early morning run for dh, so I dressed warmly!)

I am creating . . . a pretty hand towel from green variegated cotton yarn. I really like the pattern.

I am going . . . . to the grocery store in a bit, and to run another errand for dh later.


I am wondering . . . why it has taken me nearly 50 years to figure out that everything changes -- constantly!

I am reading . . . 
One Was a Soldier (Rev. Clare Fergusson and Russ Van Alstyne Mystery #7) by Julia Spencer-Fleming
I am hoping . . . to get caught up on my Bible study by class time on Thursday.

I am looking forward to . . . dh completing the condo renovation. The renters move in on Friday, so we are almost there!


I am hearing . . . nothing but the hum of electronics which is surprisingly loud.

Around the house . . . more laundry today and putting away the Halloween decor.

I am pondering . . . . why I love crocheting so much now? I have known how to crochet for over 35 years, but it's only been in the last couple of years that I have really embraced it.


One of my favorite things . . . is learning a new crochet pattern. 


A few plans for the rest of the week . . . a doctor's appointment tomorrow, Bible study on Thursday, the dentist on Friday, dh and ds are going rock climbing on Saturday to celebrate the completion of the condo, so I'll be on my own.


Here is a picture for thought I am sharing . . . 

seven baby loaves of pumpkin bread!

for more visit The Simple Woman's Daybook

4 comments:

  1. Umm that Pumpkin Bread looks good. I've been meaning to make some now for a month. Perhaps I'll do that today sometime...
    I wish you'd posted a photo of the dish towel...I've been doing dish cloths but not towels and am interested in your pattern...also, did you make socks? I didn't put any Halloween decor out this year, only Fall so it can stay up until after Thanksgiving.
    Blessings,
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Love Bears All Things

    Here's the link to the pattern page. I'll post a picture in the next day or two, as I hope to have it done by then : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Love Bears All Things

    Ok HERE's the link:

    http://bloomingpatterns.blogspot.com/2008/07/hi-five-towel.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with you that focusing on what has to be done and letting the rest go is best.

    I'm feeling hungry once I saw your loaves of pumpkin bread!

    ReplyDelete

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.