Pages

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

The Simple Woman's Daybook -- May 10, 2011

FOR TODAY
Outside my window . . . it is sunny and 66 degrees. We're heading up to 90! I love (not) Nashville weather. One day it's a chilly 60 degrees and the next it's a muggy 90.

I am thinking . . . about learning to accept the things I cannot change, and being okay with that.

I am thankful for . . . my bff, Linda. She is helping me out today with some therapy homework.

From the learning rooms . . . ds wrote a paper last night on his "Pop". The paper is for American History. The assignment was to interview an older relative. Ds had such a good time talking with and hearing stories from my father-in-law.

From the kitchen . . . last night was salmon and shrimp with okra and succotash. Tonight is oven fried chicken, green beans and fresh corn.

I am wearing . . . my summer weight robe, a tank top and crocs.

I am creating . . . still haven't gotten more yarn. The Michael's closest to me was out! Almost done with the amigurumi, but I still haven't picked out eyes for her yet. Last night dd and I did some beading repair and creation. Much fun!

I am going . . . to work on organizing my recipes today.

I am reading . . . Higher Authority by Stephen White. Pretty good read so far, but I'm not having a lot of time for reading right now.

I am hoping . . . to have a good day.

I am hearing . . . quiet.

Around the house . . . spring cleaning is coming along nicely. Dd is going to finish up walls and baseboards today. In other news, dh is progressing nicely on the final woodworking project for the bathroom.

One of my favorite things . . . is waking up to the realization that I know what we're having for dinner and I have everything I need to make it.

A few plans for the rest of the week . . . meeting up with bff today, final Precepts class on Thursday, a few errands, a ballgame on Friday, and dh's work picnic on Saturday.

Here's a picture for thought I'm sharing . . .

Oh yeah! It's time for these lovely critters
around here. The noise, the crunch,
the terror of them flying into my face
when I least expect it!
If you've not experienced cicadas, check
out this link for more info.

1 comment:

  1. Oooh, what beastie bugs.
    What a wonderful thing that your son interviewed his GrandDad and recorded the stories...these will mean so much to him throughout his life...
    I haven't heard anything recently about the chances of flooding in your area....has that passed...
    I do not look forward to the hot days ahead or the humidity....
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.