Pages

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

The Simple Woman's Daybook -- May 24, 2011

FOR TODAY
Outside my window . . . it is overcast. We had storms last night and more are predicted for this morning. At least the rain keeps the cicadas calmed down!

I am thinking . . . that new medications may be helpful in the long run, but they are a bear to get acclimated to!

I am thankful for . . . so much! It seems so redundant to list the obvious -- my husband, my kids, my home. I am constantly reminded of how very blessed I am!

From the learning rooms . . . EXAMS! Today is Bible. Essays on Hebrews, James, 1 and 2 Peter, and Philippians. I've learned a lot helping ds study.

From the kitchen . . . low key cooking this week as we prepare for vacation.

I am wearing . . . my Lorax t-shirt. "I speak for the trees!"

I am creating . . . not much. Lots of in process stuff, but nothing completed of late.

I am going . . . to yoga, the grocery store, and shopping with dd this afternoon.

I am reading . . . Life of Pi by Yann Martel. I've had this on my shelf for years and never read it.

I am hoping . . . to get everything accomplished today that I need to, so that I can move on successfully to tomorrow's list.

I am hearing . . . electronics whirring (boy they are noisy!) and ds finishing his preparations for school.

Around the house . . . things are looking pretty good. Laundry is caught up and the spring cleaning is completed. Now it's just upkeep.

One of my favorite things . . . buttons. My mom was a seamstress and I loved culling through her box of buttons. I have a jar of buttons that I keep in my sewing room. They just make me happy to look at and play with.

A few plans for the rest of the week . . . oil change, help dd take her car to the shop, packing for vacation.

Here's a picture for thought I'm sharing . . .
Dinner last night was tilapia with Herbes de Provence, asparagus steamed with garlic and butter, Campari tomatoes and cucumbers with basil, and fried butterfly shrimp.


1 comment:

  1. I'll be interested to hear what you think of Life of Pi. I read it several years ago and I still don't know what I think.

    ReplyDelete

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.