Pages

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

The Simple Woman's Daybook -- May 3rd

FOR TODAY
Outside my window . . . it is raining -- again. It feels as if every Tuesday this is my opening comment. I hope and pray that the ground is able to absorb and use all of this moisture!

I am thinking . . . that allergies are not much fun!

I am thankful for . . . a house that keeps me dry and a roof that doesn't leak. I see the animals in the rain and I know that they are all right, but I worry about all the people without a dry place to sleep.

From the learning rooms . . . ds is writing a paper on Social Security. Exams are 14 days away.

From the kitchen . . . I've made banana bread twice in the last 10 days. Both loaves lasted fewer than 24 hours! Last night we had grilled hamburgers, sweet potato fries, roasted veggies, and baked beans. Tonight is baked fish, fresh corn on the cob, and steamed broccoli.

I am wearing . . . my Tinkerbell gown and summer weight robe.

I am creating . . . still crocheting -- the shawl and the amigurumi. I ran out of yarn for the shawl, so I must go buy more. I've completed the body pieces for my amigurumi and one limb. I hope to finish the other "body parts" today and stuff him to show you all by next Tuesday : )

I am going . . . to deep clean my bedroom with the help of my bff, Linda, today. Dust bunnies beware!

I am reading . . . I gave up on To Darkness into Death by Julia Spencer-Fleming. I just really didn't like the pacing. The entire novel was set in one 24 hour period. Too much detail and slow pace for me! I'm reading Higher Authority by Stephen White now. It's another series and oddly enough this one's not following it's usual pattern either!

I am hoping . . . to continue on the Spring cleaning/organizing. I really love it when things are neat and orderly, but I seem to have difficulty keeping it that way.

I am hearing . . . light rain and not much else. Dd has an exam this morning, so she'll be getting up and moving pretty soon.

Around the house . . . dh started on the bathroom cabinet, so there are pieces of oak all over the bonus room and ping pong table. So worth it though for the beautiful work he does!

One of my favorite things . . . is neatness and order. For years I strove for order in my physical world in an attempt to achieve order in my emotional world. I am finding that it's easier if I do it the other way around.

A few plans for the rest of the week . . . not much. I have several projects I'd like to get started on, but I'm having trouble getting focused on where to start.

Here's a picture for thought I'm sharing . . .


This is my sewing/craft table.
I succeeded in getting all the 
extraneous junk off of it
yesterday.

1 comment:

  1. Rain here too...we spent the weekend in Smyrna....I know, on the news, they were concerned about flooding in the Nashville area...one year after the flood...I pray it doesn't happen again...
    Have a good week..I enjoyed reading your daybook...like the thought of getting ones emotional house in order first.
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.