Pages

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

The Simple Woman's Daybook -- May 17, 2011

FOR TODAY
Outside my window . . . we have sun and clouds. It's still chilly -- 49 degrees, but heading up to 63. The sun is a nice addition after several cold, cloudy, drippy days in a row.

I am thinking . . . about dreams and how they come about. I had a dream early this morning where I really tore into a woman I know. I knew I was angry with her for mishandling some things, but I didn't realize how much anger was still buried inside. Maybe the dream helped me exorcise it!

I am thankful for . . . my dh and kids. We had a good night last night around here. If I'm going to complain about the tough stuff, I have to focus on the good stuff too!

From the learning rooms . . . we are in the homestretch! Last week of classes and then exams start a week from today. Last night ds completed a physics project, wrote 2 essays, did 14 pages of grammar review, learned a new piece on his bass, and was pleasant and funny to be with. Wow!

From the kitchen . . . since the weather's been cooler, I did a pot roast last night. I also made fresh banana bread. Tonight is a new recipe called Calypso Chicken.

I am wearing . . . my t-shirt from Walk in Their Shoes and my flannel robe.

I am creating . . . a mess again. I pulled out some of my fabric stash to make a couple of things to take on vacation. This weekend our weather got cold again, so now it's not so inviting to sew sleeveless cotton shirts!

I am going . . . to work on the new etsy account I'm creating with two friends. I hate the administrative part, but it's gotta be done. I'll post a link when it's up.

I am reading . . . Anna's Book by Ruth Rendell. I have read this book several times, but I am always drawn back to it. It's a mystery, but I love re-reading it looking for clues I've missed or forgotten from previous readings.

I am hoping . . . for a good day today. Fun and productive is what I'm looking for.

I am hearing . . . the computer whirring and the keys as I tap them to type.

Around the house . . . spring cleaning is almost complete. Dd has done a great job, and I've been happy to have things done and pay her a little to help out.

One of my favorite things . . . tea! Hot or iced. I just love tea. Dd and I bought a new blend at Teavana the other day. It's a flavored white tea called Youthberry & Wild Orange Blossom. Delish!

A few plans for the rest of the week . . . pretty much the usual. Meeting up with LBB today, therapy tomorrow. Precepts is over for this year, so Thursday dd and I are going to lunch with my mother. Dd's 21st birthday is Sunday so there will definitely be some celebrating!

Here's a picture for thought I'm sharing . . .
This is the Youthberry tea we purchased. Isn't it pretty!?!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.