Pages

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

The Simple Woman's Daybook


FOR TODAY . . . September 6, 2011

Outside my window . . . we are under the remnants of tropical storm Lee. We are in the low 60's with a few showers and winds from the north. It is lovely! I've had the windows open and been able to sit down a couple of times a day with a cuppa tea without sweating!

I am thinking 
. . . about the analogy and whether or not it is valid for me:
Living our lives was like living in a long house.
We entered as babies at one end, and exited 
when our time came.
And in between we moved through this
one, great, long room.
Everyone we ever met, and every thought
and action lived in that room with us.
Until we made peace with the less agreeable
parts of our past they'd continue to heckle
us from way down the long house.
And sometimes the really loud, obnoxious
ones told us what to do, directing
our actions even years later.
Still Life by Louise Penny

I am thankful . . . for a loving husband who continues to support me and help me work through my struggles.

From the learning rooms . . . ds is reading All Quiet on the Western Front.

In the kitchen . . . dh b
aked banana bread Sunday afternoon, and last night we had the obligatory hamburgers for Labor Day.


I am wearing . . . my Tinker Bell gown and summer weight robe.

I am creating . . . I still seem to have too many options in my head and I don't know what to do! Please help me -- a) fall dress for myself; b) cute little stuffed turtle; c) baby afghan; d) finish the flannel blanket I started I don't know when; e) finish the quilt I started in May 2010! Please make your selection in the comments section. Thank you!

I am going . . . to Restorative Yoga and then to run to Target and Publix.

I am wondering . . . whether or not I should audition for our congregation's Christmas play. I really want to, but I haven't done anything like that since college!

I am reading . . . actually I just finished, Still Life by Louise Penny. I highly recommend this especially if you like mysteries.

I am hoping . . . to finish the ironing today. I hate it when I get behind on the ironing. The more it piles up the less I want to iron. Of course it's also easier to iron when the weather is cooler!

I am looking forward to . . . starting my new Precepts class this week. I miss the camaraderie of class over the summer break.

I am hearing . . . the wind chime and ds and gf chatting.

Around the house . . . I'm feeling the need to put away some summer decor and start pulling out some fall things. Must be the change in the weather.

I am pondering . . . why after 26 years of marriage I STILL don't have a consistent, working house cleaning plan!?! Could it be I just don't want to have to clean anymore?

One of my favorite things 
. . . 

A few plans for the rest of the week 
. . . yoga today, therapy tomorrow, and my new Precepts class on Daniel on Thursday. Oh yeah, free breakfast at Chick Fil A on Friday morning. Then the ladies' retreat this weekend.

Here is a picture for thought I am sharing
. . .
This is the current state of my bonus room. It has looked like this for about 8 weeks. This MUST change or I may lose my mind!

2 comments:

  1. is it just me or do louise penny's books have a really somber tone? (it's hard to find the right word for it -- "somber" seems like the best one because it's not quite dark but it's spooky.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Somber doesn't feel quite right. More like soothing to me, but not melancholy.

    ReplyDelete

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.