Pages

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

The Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY . . . September 20, 2011

Outside my window . . . I have been seeing a myriad of birds. All the usual finches, wrens and cardinals, but also many hummingbirds. I thought I was long past hummingbird season, but now I'm wishing I had a feeder set up for them. The other exciting discovery are the eastern bluebirds. I have not seen them in this number before! I am so happy they are making a comeback, as they are beautiful.

I am thinking . . . about why it is so difficult for me to do things I like without feeling guilty about it.

I am thankful . . . for the ability to sing. I find great joy in singing. I lost that joy for a while, but lately it seems to be returning.

From the learning rooms . . . an intense discussion on the ethics of using animals for testing purposes. Where is the line?

In the kitchen . . . the mojo is slowly returning. Last night was cheese ravioli with marinara sauce and a tossed salad. Tonight it's quiche and sliced fruit.

I am wearing . . . my summer weight robe and blue Crocs.

I am creating . . . an afghan for my sister in law's Christmas present. She is a huge University of TN fan, so I am working with (gaudy) orange and white!

I am going . . . to yoga class and then come back home and hopefully stay in all day!

I am wondering . . . about the idea that God instilled me with the strength necessary to handle this life. There is no other explanation that makes any sense to me.

I am reading . . . Still reading The School of Essential Ingredients by Erica Bauermeister. I have not been "sucked into" it as I had expected to be.

I am hoping . . . for inspiration to strike on some rearranging and organizing issues I am having around the house. I think the real answer may be to get rid of some stuff!

I am looking forward to . . . seeing "Wicked" with my dd. We have tickets to a matinee on Halloween!

I am hearing . . . lots of doggie toes!

Around the house . . . is Sarge!

I am pondering . . . Psalm 139:16
Your eyes saw my unformed substance, and in Your book all the days [of my life] were written before ever they took shape, when as yet there was none of them.

One of my favorite things . . . is discovering new information. I am doing the Precepts study of Daniel and have discovered many things in the second half of the book. I can't imagine that I have not read these chapters before, but it all seems new to me right now.

A few plans for the rest of the week . . . not much which is kind of nice.

Here is a picture for thought I am sharing . . .

120 pounds of puppy!

for more visit The Simple Woman's Daybook

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog! Quiche sounds delicious. I wish the rest of my family liked quiche as much as I do! As for organizing, I think you are right that purging is the first step to getting organized. I need to do a LOT of that at my house! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. DUDE! I'm wondering why I feel guilty when I do things I enjoy too!
    geesh.

    ReplyDelete

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.