Pages

Friday, August 26, 2011

Serendipitous Heart (Leaf)


the other day as I was walking through my kitchen
I noticed a leaf on the floor.
I bent down to pick it up and was 
stopped short by what I saw.

the leaf dry and brown,
was shaped like a perfect heart!
it seemed serendipitous to me.
a gift from God.
an unexpected lift for my spirit.

I laid it gently on my sewing table until
I could grab my camera and get a shot.

the next day I saw my daughter poking at it.
I told her what had happened, and 
to please be careful as I wanted to
get a picture of it.

later as I sat working (well playing)
at my computer, my son came in
and started talking with me.
I had my back to him.
I turned around to respond to something
he had said, and that's when I 
saw it.
he had a pair of scissors in his hand 
and was randomly cutting something
into little pieces.
oh yes it was my little miracle gift
from God! 
snip, snip, snip
and it was gone.
when I told him what he had done
he was truly apologetic.
his friend said, "I wondered what that
was there for. I broke a piece of it off."

so here's my picture of my serendipitous
heart-leaf

wish you could have seen it.
I did and it made my day.



catch up with more "Feel Good Friday" at lia sophia tomgirl

1 comment:

  1. Oh I would have loved to see it! Hold the memory in your own heart.

    Here's my FGF:http://dollycas.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.