Pages

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

The Simple Woman's Daybook


FOR TODAY . . . August 30, 2011
Outside my window. . . it is cool and misty. for the next to the last day of August we are going to be sunny and HOT! A high of 94 is predicted with high pollen counts and poor air quality.

I am thinking. . . it is amazing how much better just talking can make me feel. Dh and I had plenty of time this weekend to talk without interruption. He is such a good sounding board : )

I am thankful. . . to be feeling better both physically and emotionally. Summer is always a difficult time for me, but this year I've noticed it seems to be worse in July and the later into August we get. Now that autumn is coming my mood seems to be improving. Then again it could just be that weekend getaway with dh!

From the learning rooms. . . ds's senior year is off to a great start. He currently has straight A's.

In the kitchen. . . last night we had black bean and chicken quesadillas and watermelon. Tonight is a Shepherd's Skillet and steamed broccoli.

I am wearing .
 . . lavender yoga pants and a v-neck t-shirt for yoga class.   

I am creating. . . a scarf for a Christmas gift, and still trying to figure out what pattern I want to use for a baby blanket. 

I am going. . . to Restorative Yoga class this morning and then coming home for the rest of the day (I hope).

I am wondering
. . . how best to be of service to others while still keeping boundaries regarding my own needs and sensitivities. 


I am reading. . . My Family and Other Animals by Gerald Durrell. Very amusing. 

I am hoping. . . to keep this positive mojo going, and that the new schedule I'm working on will prove to be doable.

I am looking forward to
. . . yoga class and the wonderful peace I always feel afterwards. 


I am hearing. . . ds and gf chatting while they eat muffins and bacon before heading out to school.


Around the house. . . I cleaned out the refrigerator yesterday. It's always scary when I find food I have no memory of cooking! I also cleaned out the pantry. Order in the storage areas makes cooking so much easier. 

I am pondering. . . the difficulties I have in enjoying having fun. A recurring them for me has always been to begin to feel fearful once I feel relaxed and happy. This can lead to real confusion regarding my emotions. Choices are often overwhelming, but I am working on learning to face fun and relaxation as positive without the fear of things going downhill. 

One of my favorite things
. . . is knowing that people have enjoyed a meal that I have prepared. I enjoy cooking and eating, but it is so much more enjoyable when shared with appreciative eaters. 


A few plans for the rest of the week . . . a low-key week with very few plans away from home. My hope is to get the house in good working order and a dress cut out for myself.


Here is a picture for thought I am sharing. . .

just a couple of dh's wonderful
shots from this past weekend


for more visit The Simple Woman's Daybook 

1 comment:

  1. The pictures look like a lovely place for a get-away ~ glad you could enjoy some time with your hubby!

    And thanks for the visit & comment ~ Hope you're having a great week : )

    ReplyDelete

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.