Pages

Friday, August 19, 2011

Feel Good Friday -- August 19, 2011


I am 49 years old.
I did something this week
that I have never done before.
something I didn't think
I'd ever do.
my husband encouraged me to do it.
my dd went with me and was
even impressed with my skill.
I wasn't sure I could do it.
wasn't even sure I wanted to do it.
but when push came to shove,
I wanted it badly enough
that I overcame my fear of
possible failure and humiliation.
I went for it.
and what's more I ENJOYED it!

and here's what I got for my willingness
to step out of my comfort zone 


my brand new Honda Fit!

it's true.
I'd never bought a car by myself
before -- not even a used one
and this one is brand new!

I did my research.
I checked on prices.
I haggled.
I was prepared to walk out.
I stood up to all the 
sales ploys
and didn't cave to any 
unnecessary purchases.
I walked away having spent
only $100 more than I had
planned to spend.

I'm pretty darn proud of myself.
and I have a really cute car to show for it.


catch up with more "Feel Good Friday" at lia sophia tomgirl

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! On your birthday, your bravery (I have never bought a car myself) and for your lovely new car! The nicest thing about a new car for me is the smell. Enjoy your purchase!

    ReplyDelete

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.