Pages

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

The Simple Woman's Daybook


FOR TODAY . . . August 16, 2011
Outside my window. . . it is cool and pleasant. What a joy around here in August!

I am thinking. . . that at least we have eliminated one significant stressor.

I am thankful. . . for my new car, lower stress, cooler weather, improvement in my father-in-law's health.

From the learning rooms. . . school's back in session. Ds is a senior. This year he is taking Human Geography (AP), college algebra/trig, Foundations of Faith, Scientific Investigations/Astronomy, Psychology (AP), English IV. Busy year.

In the kitchen. . . last night was pork chops roasted in Lawry's Tuscan Sundried Tomato marinade, baked potatoes, and steamed broccoli with butter and garlic.

I am wearing .
 . . cotton capri pajama pants and a white tshirt. 

I am creating. . . a baby blanket and finishing the fringe on a shawl. 

I am going. . . to the urologist for one more test. I hope this is the last one for a while.

I am wondering
. . . about the volume of stress we have had in our home lately. I am so grateful that it is beginning to abate.


I am reading. . . Red Hook Road by Ayelet Waldman.

I am hoping. . . for a good report from the doctor as well as continuing improvement in my stamina.

I am looking forward to. . . the coming autumn weather. We are having a cooler spell right now which is unusual for us in August. Our highs have been in the 80's with low humidity and NW winds. Lovely!

I am hearing. . . silence.

Around the house. . . the only constant is change (and chaos). I wonder if I will ever learn to be accepting and content with this.

I am pondering. . . finding myself. It is trite but true. Every layer of abuse that I work through leads me to reconsider my likes and dislikes. Sometimes I feel as if I must be a very slow learner! LOL!

One of my favorite things
. . . sitting on the sofa with my sweet puppy. She is 12 lbs., but rather that being a lap dog, she is an under the butt dog. She likes to squeeze in as close as possible to my hip and slowly burrow under me. Very funny.


A few plans for the rest of the week . . . cutting out a new dress for myself, helping my father-in-law get some car stuff taken care of, and enjoying driving my new car.

Here is picture for thought I am sharing. . .


2011 Honda Fit
which replaces this:
2006 Toyota Prius
No people were harmed in the crashing of this car.

1 comment:

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.