Pages

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

The Simple Woman's Daybook





FOR TODAY . . . August 23, 2011
Outside my window. . . my cherry tree is beginning to lose lots of leaves. I can't remember if they fell this early last year or not.

I am thinking. . . structure can be a very calming thing.

I am thankful. . . 26 years of marriage to my dh, Alan, today. It is hard to imagine that we have been together that long. I feel as if everyday I learned something new about him, or am reminded of all the wonderfulness he brings into my life.

From the learning rooms. . . an interesting power point presentation on the darkness of man as presented in The Hiding Place and The Lord of the Flies.

In the kitchen. . . recently we had dinner guests. I made a layered taco salad and cherry cobbler with whipped cream. And of course a loaf of banana bread that barely lasted a day!

I am wearing .
 . . yoga capri and a hot pink tshirt. 

I am creating. . . a baby blanket and finishing the fringe on a shawl. 

I am going. . . to yoga class and then taking my father in law's car to be tested and get a tune up.

I am wondering
. . . about perceptions. My dh recently wrote me a note called his happy/sad list. Most days I think I'm treating myself pretty well, but his perception is that I am still far too hard on myself.


I am reading. . . Red Hook Road by Ayelet Waldman which is a little depressing for me right now. I recently picked up Mrs. Wiggs of the Cabbage Patch. Written in 1901, I've heard about it all my life and somehow have gotten around to reading it. It is really quite good.

I am hoping. . . to have a productive day.

I am looking forward to
. . . lunch tomorrow with an old friend; and seeing "The Help" with my bff.


I am hearing. . . quiet.


Around the house. . . things are a bit less chaotic. Unfortunately that is largely due to my having a mama screaming fit on Sunday afternoon!

I am pondering. . . what God wants from me. Do I really listen, and will I know if He tells me something new?

One of my favorite things
. . . are mushrooms. Yes I love to eat them, but mostly I like looking at them. I think it's all tied up in the fantasy/fairyland that I used as an escape as a kid.


A few plans for the rest of the week . . . a little weekend getaway with dh.

Here is picture for thought I am sharing. . .



(pattern available at make it and love it)


for more visit The Simple Woman's Daybook 

2 comments:

  1. Yum, cherry cobbler sounds delicious! I haven't made that, but do make a peach one that is yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Melanie~ Thank you so much for your kind visit and comments over at The Times. A weekend getaway with dh sounds wonderful. I don't think we have ever done that. Congratulations on your anniversary. God bless you good.

    Have you ever heard of Janice McBride? Her testimony may bless you.

    Just go to http://www.janicemcbride.com/index.html and then click on the bottom of the screen for her testimony.

    ReplyDelete

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.