Pages

Monday, April 15, 2013

Things to Accomplish List

It's been one of those days. No, not one of those days, but one of those days. It's been a good one. 

I made a "want to accomplish" list instead of a "to-do" list. I changed my attitude about determining what to do and how to judge if I've done "enough".

I set my alarm, and woke up before it went off -- smiling. I remembered that I wanted to try something new this morning -- Tibetan Rites. I could only do 5 or 10 of each but I did it, and patted myself on the back and said, "good job" to myself.

Then I did my usual routine of tea, computer, blog, and Bible devotional time. After those items were "accomplished" (my new word), I headed to the bedroom and started sorting through clothes and shoes for a collection we are taking up at church. While I was at it, I thoroughly vacuumed the bedroom and did some dusting as well.

Laundry, my table cleared, the refrigerator cleaned out, the kitchen cleaned, odds and ends put away, and a stack of mail sorted through. After lunch there was time for reading and crocheting. Then marinating the chicken and cutting up veggies for grilled kabobs. 

So it's been one of those days, because I shifted my focus to what I'd accomplish instead of what I thought I needed to do. And that made a huge difference.

linking up with Just Write



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.