Pages

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

April = SAAM


It's April, which means I pull out my blue ribbon. I've written about the abuse I endured as a child. I've written about the rapes as an adult. I've shared with you all -- mostly strangers in real life -- about intimate details of the ugliness of abuse. Everyone of you who have commented have had nothing but generous, positive, and uplifting things to say to me. And for that I am more grateful than you will ever know.

May I ask a favor now? Do something this month to help raise awareness of sexual assault. Wear a ribbon. Share the logo on your blog or Facebook page. Speak out in some way to remind others that there are victims trying to become survivors, and survivors trying to become thrivers. 

The ugliness won't go away on its own. The only way to rid the world of darkness is to spread the light. Shine it on those dark, nasty things, so they will slither away. 

Throughout this month I will sharing some older posts, some new posts, and some helpful posts for those of us who are survivors. But also for those of you living with and loving victims and survivors, and for those of you who want to help in any way you can. 

Shine the light, because that is the first step.



For more information --



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.