Pages

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

The Simple Woman's Daybook


FOR TODAY . . . April 30, 2013

Outside my window . . . it is sunny and warm. Perfectly clear blue skies.

I am thinking . . . about my father-in-law, Byron, who died early Saturday morning.

I am thankful . . . for the support of friends and family during this difficult time.

In the kitchen . . . there is food provided by dear friends to keep our family fed.

I am wearing . . . the usual summer weight robe, but now I've added flip-flops.

I am creating . . . a scarf and a new yoga bag.

I am going . . . to the final visitation and then the funeral for Byron.

I am wondering . . . how I can be this tired when I slept 8 hours last night.

I am reading . . . finishing up V is for Vengeance by Sue Grafton, and hope to start on The Golden Notebook by Doris Lessing.

I am looking forward to . . . next week. I don't want to wish my life away, but I will be glad when the stresses of this week are past.

I am hearing . . . my husband making phone calls to notify groups of his father's death.

Around the house . . . we have chaos. There has been little or no time for housework, and we are bringing in things from Byron's house for sorting and cataloging. 

I am pondering . . . why feeling exhausted and wanting things I know I can't have (right now) lead me to feelings of guilt.

One of my favorite things . . . English muffins -- with butter and jam. This morning it was apricot jam.

A few plans for the rest of the week . . . visitation, funeral, interment, sorting, and cleaning at Byron's house. And hopefully some rest by the weekend.

Here is a picture for thought I am sharing . . . 






0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.