Pages

Friday, June 28, 2013

Now

In-between two extremes. That's where I'm living right now. 

In-between feeling capable, competent, healed, and feeling sluggish, dull, broken.

The long haul of trudging through the muck and mire of the past is ending, I think. I'm proud of the work I've done.

But (oh that word!) healing isn't looking or feeling like I thought it would. Sometimes. I'm a perfectionist at heart. I want all or nothing. Black or white. I'm not good at intermediates. And healing/recovery is an in-between state. The bad isn't gone and it's not good all the time. The bad slips back in sometimes -- usually when I least expect it -- and I fall back into old patterns of self denigration. 

But here's the thing, this world, this life, is an in-between. This world is not my home, I'm just a-passin' through. So there are no absolutes here; no perfection.

I'm learning to embrace the in-between of now, and not push it away. 

Because it's just a stepping stone toward home.

linking up with Five Minute Friday

5 comments:

  1. I love the reminder that we are living in the in-between... such a great and hopeful post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am with you. Learning how to accept the in between places. It is super hard, but this is the place that keeps me clinging to Christ.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post. I like Steven Curtis Chapman's "Long Way Home." Same sentiment.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1p-QfgkLow&list=ALGLx1orRGw4Ud3BuXsVdoAkIs5DrodnpL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear sweet Melanie
    I think that perfectionism is a result of the abuse you went through as a child. The lady, Karen, who has linked-up at no 35 has also been sexually abused as a child if you want to visit her blog perhaps!
    Blessings
    Mia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely a result for the abuse. Satan uses it daily against me. Thanks for the head's up on #35. I'll check it out.

      Delete

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.