Pages

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

The Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY . . . June 18, 2013

Outside my window . . . clouds and rain. I'm not sure if it's going to be this way all day, but it makes me want to go back to bed.

I am thinking . . . about rights and wrongs again. I find myself coming back to the issue time and time again.

I am thankful . . . for having the resources to eat well. While I do not have a garden (because I can kill anything!), we are doing more organic buying especially of meats and vegetables.

In the kitchen . . . this morning we had blueberry scones and apple sausage. 

Tonight will be the summer classic -- hamburgers and baked beans.

I am wearing . . . interestingly the same pj's I had on last week (yes, they've been washed!)

I am creating . . . the fabric lined crochet basket only lacks the lining now. I've cut out the lining, but need to find the interfacing (somewhere in my cabinet) and finish this project up.

I am going . . . to the grocery store today. Of course I am, because it is raining, and the two go hand in hand.

I am wondering . . . if I may have a sinus infection. I really don't want to go to the doctor as the antibiotics and steroids they typically give me are almost as bad as the infection symptoms.

I am reading . . . Evolving in Monkey Town by Rachel Held Evans. Quite interesting and very funny.

I am looking forward to . . . continuing to enjoy my summer. I'm still working on my pacing, trying to keep from planning too much thereby accomplishing nothing.

I am hearing . . . dd's music in the background and cars driving by. We've been having roadwork in our neighborhood, and our usually quiet street is part of the detour thus upping our traffic tremendously.

Around the house . . . we continue to make progress on organizing. Dh's work room and new shed are shaping up nicely, and we've nearly found the ping pong table again!

I am praying . . . for our country. Such a trying and uneven time.

One of my favorite things . . . is hedgehogs. Have I mentioned this before? I'm sure I have. Here's my latest acquisition for the collection --

A few plans for the rest of the week . . . the aforementioned grocery shopping, housework, a little yoga, and hopefully a little swimming once the rain clears up. I'm not complaining -- we need the rain. One of the nephews has a birthday this week, so will be partying on Sunday afternoon as well.

Here is a picture for thought I am sharing . . . 
(it helps if you're a nerd!)





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.