Pages

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

The Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY . . . June 4, 2013

Outside my window . . . the sky is a cloudless blue and the temperature is a lovely 64 degrees. The pollen count is, unfortunately, still incredibly high. Yellow finches are visiting my feeder, and I've got to remember to water the plants today.

I am thinking . . . about so many different things that my mind is going 90 miles a minute. I need to do some journaling to get myself centered.

I am thankful . . . for an improved mood around the house last night. We are still recovering from losing my father-in-law, and the stress has been running high.

In the kitchen . . . last night was baked salmon, steamed asparagus, and easy cheesy grits. Tonight will be steaks, baked potatoes, and broccoli salad.

I am wearing . . . still in my jammies and summer weight robe, but I'll be changing soon to meet my friend for lunch.

I am creating . . . a fabric lined crochet basket


Here's mine so far --


just 2 colors and I haven't picked my liner fabric yet.

I am going . . . to have to get a pedicure soon, or people are going to start running from me in fear!

I am wondering . . . about the dreams I had last night. Very strange and they included so many people from my past.

I am reading . . . Looking for Mr. Goodbar by Judith Rossner and still working on Mom in the Mirror by Dena Cabrera and Emily Wierenga.

I am looking forward to . . . lunch with my dear friend Christine, who I haven't seen in far too long.

I am hearing . . .  nothing but quiet as I type on my laptop.

Around the house . . . I think I'm making progress. I need to make a list of small things that I keep overlooking and spend an afternoon taking care of those.

I am praying . . . for a friend's father, 3 people I know who are pregnant, my children and husband.

One of my favorite things . . . is watching "Dr. Who". I've just gotten started on this (I'm only on the 2nd season, so don't spoil anything for me!). Most nights dh, dd, and I sit down and watch an episode together. We have yet to convert ds.

A few plans for the rest of the week . . . lunch today, a meeting tomorrow, Thursday and Friday are looking open so I'll probably make a run to FIL's house to work some more there, and then it's the weekend again.

Here is a picture for thought I am sharing . . . 


3 comments:

  1. Love the crochet basket. Is it hard to make? I also need to follow the advise of your beach poster. Life would be a lot calmer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The basket has been easy so far. I don't know about the handles as I haven't gotten there yet. Check out the pattern and pictures on Ravelry (just click on the gray words. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. I like your journaling and beach ideas. Maybe I should start one too. We have the same temps in Maryland. Beautiful day here too.

    ReplyDelete

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.