Pages

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

The Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY . . . June 11, 2013

Outside my window . . . we've had quite a bit of rain over the past few days, but today it's clear blue skies. Going up into the 90's, so I'm thinking a trip to the pool is in order.

I am thinking . . . about slowing my racing mind. I've been making a concerted effort these past days to deliberately think about ONE thing at a time. It takes a great deal of effort for me, but I find my mood improves and I stay calmer.

I am thankful . . . for my daily devotional. I use a book called Common Prayer (which I think I've mentioned here before). I really enjoy it because it keeps me focused on what is important in life.

In the kitchen . . . last night was hot dogs and chips. I know, but I was just too tired to bake the salmon and chop all the veggies for the salad. Not sure about tonight yet.

I am wearing . . . my Chinese lantern print pajama pants and a loose black shirt.

I am creating . . . a fabric lined crochet basket. Still working on this. Yesterday I finished the crochet portion, so now I have to pick out my lining and a make it.


Here's mine so far --


I am going . . . to pick up some medical records for dh and run them by his office. Hopefully get a swim in, and maybe go with ds to get some jeans/cargo pants for work.

I am wondering . . . how to live intentionally in every moment. I am learning to appreciate each moment as it comes by not wishing away the "bad" moments, but rather incorporating them into the larger of picture of my life.

I am reading . . . Running with Scissors by Augusten Burroughs. I'm also still working on Mom in the Mirror. I like to make notes as I read it, so it's not good bedtime reading.

I am looking forward to . . . another day of quiet thoughts and reasonable expectations of productivity.

I am hearing . . . dd getting ready for work/school. She is sick again, this time with an embedded sinus infection. Bless her heart. 

Around the house . . . bit by bit. I straighten a small area and then move on to another. It's working right now.

I am praying . . . that a procedure dh is having done this afternoon will help with his sitting issues. Will you pray with me?

One of my favorite things . . . yarn! I come back to this one time and time again, but I can't help myself. Yarn makes me happy!

A few plans for the rest of the week . . . swimming, a meeting, a trip to FIL's to pick up some items to donate, maybe a trip to the used bookstore to shop, and then date night on Friday (some jazz, perhaps?). Saturday is FUN DAY will the besties, which is always a good thing :)

Here is a picture for thought I am sharing . . . 
another stack of books waiting to be read



1 comment:

  1. glad to see another book lover and also one that still likes original books and not the kindle...

    ReplyDelete

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.