Pages

Monday, June 3, 2013

Easy Cheesy Grits


I'm a sucker for grits. I guess it's part of being a southern girl, but I just love grits!

Cheesy grits make such a great side dish with pork and beef. Lately I'm been doing a quick and easy version using whatever Artisan cheeses I find out our local farmers' market.


Here's the basic recipe I've been using -- 

Bring 3 cups water and 1/4 tsp. sea salt to a boil. Add 1 cup grits (I like Bob's Red Mill yellow corn grits). Reduce heat to low and stir. Gook slowly for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and stir in 2 Tbs. butter and 1 cup freshly grated cheese and a little coarse ground pepper. Cover and let stand for a couple of minutes. Stir just before serving. Makes 4 generous servings.


Happy eating!

linking up with Made by You Monday




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.