Pages

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook . . . September 28th

FOR TODAY
Outside my window...it is finally feeling like autumn! We're in the 50's this morning with a projected high of only 75. Lovely.

I am thinking...about my PADI Scuba class this weekend. I still have a lot of material to cover.

I am thankful for...to have this past weekend behind us. There was a lot of stress, but much good came from it.

From the learning rooms...test over Beowulf and Anglo-Saxon literature; Physics test; still reading Into the Wild.

From the kitchen...the cupboard (well, really refrigerator) is bare! Must hit the grocery today.

I am wearing...a very mismatched set of pj's. 

I am creating...still have to get started on the actual quilting, but I'm also wanting to make a new cover for my Bible.

I am going...visit Traveler's Rest this afternoon with ds for a history project.

I am reading...The English American.

I am hoping...to get things done today and still get some quiet time.

I am hearing...the tv news talking about the disaster that is education in America.

Around the house...it's time to put away some summery decor and get out some autumn decor now that the weather is cooperating.

One of my favorite things...is writing. I've always enjoyed it, but was afraid to put it out there. I'm working on that.

A few plans for the rest of the week...Bible studies, PADI lessons, sorting in the house, hopefully some sewing/crafting as well.

Here is a  picture for thought I am sharing...


3 comments:

  1. Love the picture.

    What type of writing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Non fiction. I really want to write the great American novel, but I keep finding myself drawn back to non-fiction, esp. about abuse issues. No big surprise there! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing picture! I love sunflowers!

    I love to write, too. Isn't blogging a wonderful way to be creative? And meet great people!

    I was listening to the TV about education in America, also. It is good to see so many passionate about change - maybe some change will actually happen!

    ReplyDelete

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.