Pages

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Thankful Thursday -- Mixed Up Week

I had many plans for the week. It was going to be super productive and efficient. God apparently had different plans! It's really so much simpler to just listen to God, than to try and argue with Him! LOL!

So here's my list for this week:

1. I am thankful for my dishwasher. What a blessing to get up in the morning and open the door to find clean dishes! The dish fairy washed them while I slept!

2. I am thankful for my ds. He's been sick this week with an upper respiratory infection. I am NOT thankful for that, but I am thankful for who he is and the joy he brings to my life. 

3. I am thankful for a new and improved attitude that is helping me learn to truly cut myself some slack. I haven't felt well this week -- female troubles -- but I've been kinder and less judgmental of myself, which has made feeling bad not quite so bad.

4. I am thankful for the cloudy, cool morning. Maybe some rain later today, which will increase the feeling of change in the air. Autumn is one of my favorite times of the year, and I am ready to feel the cool, crisp morning air and smell the falling leaves as the world gets ready to sleep through the winter months.

5. Finally I am thankful for my increased Bible study. I am grateful for the desire that God has placed in my heart to do these studies, and I am mesmerized at how they are interweaving with one another! For both the Precepts and Beth Moore studies I have spent a lot of time in Genesis rereading the stories of Adam and Eve, Noah, Abraham, and Moses. What a blessing to see these great men and women through new eyes.

I hope your day is filled with gratitude and blessings.


For more Thankful Thursdays visit Grace Alone.


7 comments:

  1. Great list of thankfulness! (I am so thankful for dishwashers, too!)

    It's great that you have a desire for studying God's word. I'm sure it makes Him happy when we meditate on His word!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great thankful list. I'm finding that there are so many people out there with an upper respiratory infection... including myself. Hum, what's going on...

    Blessings..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great List, thanks for checking out my meme, I hope you will keep coming back I really want to get to know people and hopefully it will continue to grow and maybe I'll add a prize feature to it too.

    Dollycas

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great list of blessings.

    Thanks for sharing.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful list of blessings.

    Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment on the inheritance post. I didn't mean to post that yet. That was supposed to post October 4th. So I am going to remove it, and it will show up again in October. I was trying to preschedule and hit the wrong date.

    Trudy
    www.sewingwithtrudy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.