Pages

Thursday, September 2, 2010

September 2nd, Thankful Thursday



I have much to be thankful for today, and I am so happy and excited to be able to share!


The last few weeks have been hard. There's just no other way to say it. Because of that I stretched my comfort zone (yet again!) and asked for help. I sent a message to some good friends asking for support, and boy did I get it! Such love and affirmation (and humor) can only make me feel better. 
--I was reminded of the love of God and good friends. 
--I was reminded of the compassion and caring exhibited by God through His children. 
--I was reminded that I am not alone, even though that's what Satan wants me to believe.

And it didn't stop there. God kept giving me things all day. 

--An unexpected (and much needed) email from my "mother" telling me she loves and misses me. 
--A haircut (yes that was planned) with the opportunity to talk uncensored to the lovely Christian lady who cuts my hair.
--Lunch with my bff, who reaffirmed, yet again, why she is my bff.
--A new Bible study last night where women of God reached out to me and I was able to share some of my needs.
--A "chance" meeting with my minister in the parking lot, who asked me, "How are you doing?" And I realized he really wanted to know.

God is so good. He provides for all our needs. And all I had to do was ask.


For more Thankful Thursdays visit Grace Alone.






4 comments:

  1. Praise God for His blessings upon you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praise God! He is always on time, everytime! Thanks for sharing with us your grateful heart today. Happy TT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! May God keep showering you with his blessings.

    Hugs,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how God sent people into your midst at the time you really needed their caring heart and listening ear. He is so good! Praise His holy name!

    ReplyDelete

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.