Pages

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook -- December 21st

FOR TODAY
Outside my window... it is gray and somewhat gloomy. Rain is predicted with a high in the 40's.

I am thinking... that slowing down my thinking might help me get more done with less stress.

I am thankful for... good friends! I had tea/coffee with two lovely ladies yesterday. We have been friends for years, but only see each other sporadically. It is so good to catch up and exchange parenting stories even with our kids as old as they are.

From the learning rooms... finishing up this semester of German II online class and reinforcing Pre-Calc.

From the kitchen... a new recipe for mincemeat cookies. Blah. They were a replacement for the mincemeat cookies I made last year, because I couldn't find dried mincemeat. The new ones are more like mini muffin tops -- far too bready to be called cookies.

I am wearing... exercise pants, my new San Francisco long sleeved t-shirt, happy socks, and Land's End crocs.


I am creating... nothing but chaos of late. Good intentions flew out the door several weeks ago and I'm having trouble luring them back in!

I am going... to be a little easier on myself today. Fewer plans and expectations with more planned rest time.

I am reading... The Supernaturalist by Eoin Colfer.



I am hoping... to feel better today. It seems I've been saying that a lot lately! I'm really not trying to be a crybaby, I'm just surprised by how long I've felt cruddy.

I am hearing... Nothing. I tried turning on Christmas music to listen to, but it seemed to dance all over the house. Dd worked until 12:30, so I'm trying to keep it quiet! 

Around the house... The bathtub is in! Woot-woot! 

One of my favorite things... is hard Christmas candy. Do you remember that? It used to be a staple of Christmas celebrations, but not so much anymore.


A few plans for the rest of the week... finish shopping for gifts and stocking stuffers! I'm never this late. Do some baking. And find a way to enjoy the season (a pretty tall order all in all!).

Here is a  picture for thought I am sharing... 





2 comments:

  1. Those socks are so cute and look cozy. I pray you will have a productive, less stress day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where did you get those awesome socks? Someone asked - yes, actually asked - me for socks for Christmas & I sure wish I'd seen something as groovy as those.

    ReplyDelete

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.