Pages

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Thankful Thursday -- December 30, 2010


Today I am thankful for . . . 

1. Feeling better! Yay! I have made leaps and strides
of improvements since last week.
I was able to enjoy Christmas and not be
totally exhausted afterward.

2. The decluttering I have already begun in my home.
I began working on Monday in my craft/office.
So far I have cleaned out a 10-drawer rolling 
cabinet and my 5-shelf bookcase.
Visual neat and tidy inspires my soul!

3. Plans. I have personal improvement plans.
Bible study plans.
Home decor plans.
Crafting plans.
Writing plans.
I am so grateful to feel like planning again!

4. The lovely celebration of Christmas last week.
It was much calmer than usual. A small tree.
Less cooking. No entertaining.
 And yet, quite lovely.

5. Maturity. It is a blessing to see the world and my own
life from this perspective.
Things are not the way I imagined as a child
they would be.
Life is neither better nor worse than I had anticipated.
It is just different.
The blessing is that my life is orchestrated
by my loving heavenly Father.

May the rest of the holiday season unfold in gratitude for you and yours.

Have a wonderful Thankful Thursday!

They were also to stand every morning to thank and praise the LORD. They were to do the same in the evening . . .
-- I Chronicles 23:30

Look for more Thankful Thursday post @ Grace Alone.

4 comments:

  1. God bless you and Happy New Year! I love that Bible verse: Stand and praise the Lord every morning and evening!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you are feeling better. Visual tidiness helps me as well - and I also love to plan!

    Thanks for sharing that scripture - it really spoke to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love simpler Christmases myself. So glad yours was restful and lovely!

    Happy New Year to you and yours!

    My TT post is here.

    ReplyDelete

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.