Pages

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Thankful Thursday -- December 16, 2010


Today I am thankful for . . . 

1. My dh. He stayed with all through the surgery
 and recovery  room yesterday. Then he bought
 me a light lunch, brought me home and fed me. 
He gathered my comfort items, and even 
made a run to the grocery for Fresca
 and mint chocolate chip ice cream!

2. The incredible staff at Baptist Surgical Center. 
Everyone I dealt with was just amazingly nice and caring. 
With my history, surgery of any kind is rough, but this
could have been especially so. The nurses, doctors,
orderlies, pharmacists -- EVERYONE was terrific!

3. My ds. He made a Target run for me. Even though
 he couldn't fine Twizzlers for me, he brought
 me a bag of Starburst!
He brought me snacks and beverages while I recouped on
the sofa watching Christmas movies.

4. My dd. She cooked dinner (along with dh) for us all.
It was so lovely knowing there would be good food for 
the family and I even felt like eating it too!

5. To everyone who prayed for me yesterday. 
I really felt it! 
Thank you all so very much.

I'm still feeling a little groggy, but the pain is minimal, so I'm hoping to handle it with rest and OTC pain meds.

Have a wonderful Thankful Thursday!

They were also to stand every morning to thank and praise the LORD. They were to do the same in the evening . . .
-- I Chronicles 23:30


Look for more Thankful Thursday post @ Grace Alone.

2 comments:

  1. Wow... precious! Glad all worked out well with your surgery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry I only visit on Thursdays - I have no idea what surgery you just underwent, but I share your joy that you have such a loving family to take care of you.

    I think I need to visit more often...

    My Thankful Post is HERE.

    ReplyDelete

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.