Pages

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook -- December 28th

FOR TODAY
Outside my window... it is sunny and very cold! We are supposed to get above freezing later today. Yay!

I am thinking... that it is lovely to be feeling better.

I am thankful for... so much! On a day like today, my warm house, hot tea, and a new flannel robe.

From the learning rooms... a little German II and a little pre-Calc.

From the kitchen... order is returning. A white bean and kale soup that was good, but I got carried away with the cayenne!

I am wearing... flannel sleep pants, a tank top, socks, crocs, and my new flannel robe.

I am creating... order! Sorting and decluttering began yesterday.

I am going... to stay home all day! Haven't done that in a while.

I am reading... The Supernaturalist by Eoin Colfer.


I am hoping... to get some more straightening done around the house.

I am hearing... Al Roker raving about the football game tonight!

Around the house... things are starting to come together. Dh has almost completed the tile work in the bathroom.

One of my favorite things... is getting my home back in order.

A few plans for the rest of the week... nothing special, just enjoying the end of the year.

Here is a  picture for thought I am sharing...  


Christmas goodies! (The scarf I made for myself.)


4 comments:

  1. The soup sounds lovely and isn't this just the season for soups and stews....wish I could be motivated to get things back to normal..there is always a lull after Christmas when my inner bear clicks in and I tend to hibernate....lovely gifts...have a blessed week.
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete
  2. we are doing the same thing (getting the house back in order). Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of my favorite things is getting my house back in order as well.

    Enjoy your day at home!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your soup sounds lovely. Happy New Years!

    Renee
    http://rmboys2.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.