Pages

Friday, December 31, 2010

So Long, Farewell . . . 2010!


Somehow 2010 is almost finished. I know I sound like everyone else, but where did this year go?! Seriously, 2010 has been a mixed bag, which I suppose is true for most years. This was the year in a nutshell:

Ds got a his first real steady girlfriend.

Dd went to Mercy Ministries in St. Louis for 6 months.

My 30th high school reunion was in June and was quite lovely.

Dh and I celebrated 25 years of connubial bliss.

Dh and I went to Mexico for a week.

I learned to snorkel AND scuba dive.

I was bitten by a monkey.

Dd came home from Mercy and got a job.

Dh and I went to San Francisco (loved the city; hated the travel!)

I had surgery and thought I'd sleep through Christmas!

But I didn't.


So farewell to 2010 and welcome 2011! Tonight we'll drink our sparkling grape juice, and fall asleep before the new year officially arrives. Tomorrow we'll eat our black eye peas, cornbread and spinach salad (I don't like turnip greens!), not really believing it will bring us luck. We'll eat it because it's a tradition we like. 

May you all find love, joy, laughter and blessings in the new year!


2 comments:

  1. Hello! Found you through the #3in30 thread on Twitter and am so glad I did. Love your heart in this post and look forward to reading more. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like 2010 was a full year for you! I pray that 2011 will be even more blessed and fulfilling!

    ReplyDelete

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.