Pages

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

The Simple Woman



FOR TODAY . . . September 25, 2012

Outside my window . . . the sky is a pale blue and the sun is shining. We have had unusually cool weather so far this fall. It's been lovely. My family says I'm freezing them to death sitting with the doors and windows open to the 50 and 60 degree weather!

I am thinking . . . about the joy of a clean house. I've really been focusing on keeping things picked up, and it's making a difference around the house and in my mood.

I am thankful . . . for good friends. I know this one pops up a lot, but the fact of the matter is that I have some terrific friends who have helped me through some incredibly difficult times. Besties are a blessing of unequaled proportions.

In the kitchen . . . last night was leftovers, but over the weekend we had quiche, steak and baked potatoes, green bean casserole, cooked apples, and the first batch of pumpkin bread.

I am wearing . . . my favorite Lanz of Salzburg nightgown and my chintz summer weight robe.

I am creating . . . still working on afghans, but I started the second one (no the first one's not finished!), and I'm pleased with the look.
I am going . . . to the YMCA for my swim this morning, and then spending the day doing home things: crocheting, beading, sewing, laundry, and Bible study lessons.

I am wondering . . . about the next move in the ever changing relationship with my extended family.

I am reading . . . Those Across the River by Christopher Buehlman.
I am looking forward to . . . continuing in this vein of keeping things up around the house. Bestie LBB reminded me yesterday that my house isn't dirty it is just lived in. A good reminder -- my home will never look like a magazine spread, and I don't think I'd want it to!

I am hearing . . . birds chirping and a plane just passed overhead.

Around the house . . . LBB and I put out the rest of the autumn table runners and a few pumpkins and such. It looks quite lovely, I think.

I am pondering . . . the difficulty I'm having in getting my lessons done for my Precepts class on Genesis. It is a very in-depth study, as we are spending 6 weeks on the first TWO chapters!

One of my favorite things . . . is choosing my tea in the mornings. I've been on an English Breakfast slant for a while, but I'm thinking with the cooler weather I'll be shifting to Irish Breakfast soon, as it has a hearty flavor.

A few plans for the rest of the week . . . all the usual suspects and dinner guest on Sunday. Dh has invited his project group over to eat and work. I'm leaning toward a pork roast, but I'll check on the weather as we get a little closer.

Here is a picture for thought I am sharing . . . 
another little project I'm contemplating



2 comments:

  1. Is that one of the afghans you make in strips and the put together or is it a continuous one. I like the colors you've used.
    I have a couple of friends whose houses look more like a museum than a home and I wonder where they put their 'stuff'.
    Have a great week.
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just a continuous stitch with color changes every 2 rows. Thanks!

      Delete

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.