Pages

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

The Simple Woman's Daybook



FOR TODAY . . . September 18, 2012

Outside my window . . . it's a cool but muggy morning here. The skies are overcast and we are expecting more rain and thunderstorms today. My cherry trees are almost bare. I saw 4 male bluejays in the cherry tree at the same time this morning!


I am thinking . . . about money and psychological care. Dd and I both see a counselor once a week and dd sees a psychiatrist for medication once a month. All that talking adds up! We are working on tightening our economic belt around here, and this is a difficult one to address, especially for dd. Prayers requested.

I am thankful . . . for my husband and his job. For the past 22 years dh has been the sole provider for our family. I am so grateful for his willingness to do this! And so thankful that he has a good and secure job in these difficult times.

In the kitchen . . . meatloaf on Sunday. Last night was black beans and rice with cornbread. Tonight is Parmesan chicken, squash souffle, and baby peas.

I am wearing . . . a giant black t-shirt from the movie "Raven" (I got free in a goodie bag from a walk back in the spring)

I am creating . . . order. I set up a new schedule (finally) for myself. This is the first week of trying it out. It's not perfect, but it is better than flying by the seat of my pants.


I am going . . . to the Y to get my swim in and otherwise stay at home all day. Yippee!

I am wondering . . . about prioritizing my time.

I am reading . . . Stigma by Philip Hawley, Jr. It's a medical thriller much like Robin Cook.

I am looking forward to . . . seeing how the rest of this week plays out with my new plan in place.

I am hearing . . . just peace and quiet. So lovely!

Around the house . . . I've started putting out a few autumn things to change the mood in the house. I'm not a big decorator, but I do find that keeping visual reminders of the seasons in the house helps me enjoy each season a little more fully.

I am pondering . . . how to find out what ever became of my first yoga instructor. I would like to get in touch with her and let her know how much yoga has done for me, and see if she's still teaching anywhere.

One of my favorite things . . . is peace. Having a peaceful home is so important to my well being. But peace must not be achieved at the cost of another's needs. It can become quite the balancing act with multiple people in a house.

A few plans for the rest of the week . . . swimming, therapy, Precepts class, dinner guests, date night, and a clear Saturday.

Here is a picture for thought I am sharing . . . 
the return of "Franken-puppy"
she had surgery last week and is healing
up quite nicely.


1 comment:

  1. Have a blessed day! You followed me on Simple Woman's Daybook and I'm visiting the post before and the post after me. I wish I had the time to stop by them all. Prayers for your financial decisions and have a lovely swim at the Y and staying home. B.

    ReplyDelete

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.