Pages

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

The Simple Woman's Daybook



FOR TODAY . . . November 13, 2012

Outside my window . . . the ground is covered in our first frost of the season. It is 30 degrees, but sunny with a clear blue sky.

I am thinking . . . about my plans for the day. Tuesday seems to be my day at home and it's quickly becoming my favorite day of the week.

I am thankful . . . for a good day yesterday. The depression I've been feeling seems to be lifting more, and I was able to accomplish several things yesterday, as well as getting a lovely walk in the sunshine.

In the kitchen . . . last night was Cowboy Bean Soup and tonight is looking like breakfast for dinner.

I am wearing . . . my jammies and robe, while sipping my Irish breakfast tea and munching on toast made with Milton's bread.

I am creating . . . a hat for myself. I don't have good luck with hats as a rule, but I saw this one on Attic 24's site and decided to give it whirl.

I am going . . . to uncover my sewing table so I can work on some projects that have been flitting around in my head.

I am wondering . . . why I still get so caught up in needing other people to validate me. I know that I am "the crown of all [God's] creatures" (James 1:18), but I still crave others' approval.

I am reading . . . Skyjack: The Hunt for D.B. Cooper by Geoffrey Gray. I was just a kid when this occurred but it's always fascinated me.

I am looking forward to . . . doing some holiday baking. We visit relatives in Georgia for Thanksgiving, so I've got to get started soon on goodies to take with us.

I am hearing . . . just lovely peace and quiet -- and the furnace running.

Around the house . . . there is ironing to do and straightening the kitchen, but otherwise things are in pretty good shape.

I am pondering . . . the possibilities of getting a part time job. I had one several years ago, and I think I'd like to have another go at it. I'm just not sure how to go about looking for a job in this present economy.

One of my favorite things . . . is watching old movies. Last night dh and I watched Pygmalion with Leslie Howard. I did a little reading about it and found out that the producers changed the ending without letting G. B. Shaw know about it. Interesting story about why the ending was changed and why was Shaw didn't appreciate it.

A few plans for the rest of the week . . . it looks like a quiet night for dh and me tonight. The rest of the week looks pretty normal. Praying for peace and a continued improvement in my mood.

Here is a picture for thought I am sharing . . . 
a fun surprise from dh!


1 comment:

  1. I love watching old movies too. One of my favorites is "A Raisin In The Sun" -Interesting that you write about validation. I was thinking about that myself over the weekend: validation. I struggle with needing people to validate me as well. Sometimes, I conquer it and sometimes I fall back into old habits. Depression is a horribly debilitating, glad you're having good days.

    ReplyDelete

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.