Pages

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

The Simple Woman's Daybook



FOR TODAY . . . November 27, 2012

Outside my window . . . it's gray and cloudy. The temperature is 41 degrees and it's not supposed to go up much today. 


I am thinking . . . about this verse from last night's meeting:
He heals the brokenhearted
and binds up their wounds.
Ps. 147:3
That is a hands-on physician, father, and God.

I am thankful . . . for the group of survivors I met with last night. It was uplifting to sit with a group of women who understand my struggles in a uniquely personal way. 

In the kitchen . . . last night was scrounging. Soup and sandwiches or a bowl of cereal. I'm not sure about tonight. I haven't made my menu list for this week and that always makes dinner time more interesting.

I am wearing . . . a big t-shirt and my flannel robe.

I am creating . . . still working on that hat! I didn't get as much done last week as I had hoped, but I still like it and it's shaping up well.


I am going . . . to work around the house again today. I'm hoping to get started on the decorating by this afternoon.

I am wondering . . . how holidays became so obligatory instead of joyful.

I am reading . . . Skyjack: The Hunt for D.B. Cooper by Geoffrey Gray. I was just a kid when this occurred but it's always fascinated me.

I am looking forward to . . . heading off for a week in Florida with dh!

I am hearing . . . Christmas carols: Amy Grant, Bing Crosby, Nat King Cole.

Around the house . . . the chaos that precedes decorating, and the chaos (and blessing) of a dh who can replace the vent fan in my bathroom.

I am pondering . . . how to get everything done this week to my satisfaction. I have lots of regular things to do + holiday decorating + some things I want to do. It's going to be a balancing act.

One of my favorite things . . . is having a productive day. Yesterday was a one of those. I'm hoping for 2 in a row : )


A few plans for the rest of the week . . . appointment tomorrow, company Thursday night, meeting on Friday, and heading to Florida on Saturday.

Here is a picture for thought I am sharing . . . 

 I don't look this elegant running holiday errands!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.