Pages

Thursday, November 8, 2012

Winter Bucket List

bucket list -- a list of things to do before you die. Comes from the term "kicked the bucket".

. . . or in this case before the end of winter (which in Nashville could be as early as the first of March or the end of May).

So what do I want to accomplish this winter? I'm an inveterate list maker, so there is innate danger in this endeavor, but here goes:

1. complete my First Quilt Ever which I started in April of 2010. Nashville flooded the first weekend in May of that year, and somehow I've just never gotten around to finishing it.

2. the boxers I promised my son that same spring. One of the fabrics in my quilt has mushrooms all over it (I love mushrooms!). My son, then 17, thought it would be hilarious to have boxers made from the fabric. He's 19 now. It should still work, right?

3. the 2 afghans I agreed to make for my friend's twin girls. Remind me never to agree to make (even for money) anything bigger than a baby blanket!


4. do all the mending. Yeah, likes that's gonna happen.

5. really start writing that memoir my husband's been after me to write for 12 years.

6. have more people over for dinner. Okay, this one I'd really like to do if I can just get over my "what will they think" phobia about every aspect of my home. It's not a "McMansion" and it wasn't decorated by anybody or in any specific style. It's eclectic and a little cluttered, and it could use some paint here and there, but it's my home and it's who we are, and why do care what anybody thinks about it anyway? Sorry. I digressed into my own angst there for a minute.

Maybe it's time to stop as I feel a Martha Stewart-esque rant coming on. 

So for right now that's my winter bucket list. What about you?



linking up with Mama Kat's Writer's Workshop

1 comment:

  1. I love your list- but imagining all that crocheting makes my hands hurt;) The boxers are a definite must.

    ReplyDelete

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.