Pages

Thursday, December 12, 2013

Sing Something Beautiful

I've been listening to Christmas music like everyone else. In the car, in the kitchen, in the bathroom, while I work. They are everywhere and I love it! I got to thinking about my favorites. In truth, the list probably changes from year to year, but right now I think these are my top faves --

1. Good King Wenceslas 
I've always loved this song. Maybe it's the story or just that old world feel. This is a particularly nice cover.

2. The Little Drummer Boy
It's been a favorite since my childhood. I love the movie and the story itself. When I found this cover I knew I'd found my go to version.

3. Santa, Baby
I am partial to the Eartha Kitt cover. Others are just cheap imitations in my estimation. Just the right tongue in cheek interpretation.


4. My Grownup Christmas List
Michael Buble does a beautiful job with his haunting interpretation of a struggle we all have as we grow up.

5. Ho Ho Home
A new one for this year. It's a fund raiser for Catholic Charities of Tennessee. It's just loads of fun. Enjoy!

So there you go. Just remember the list could change tomorrow!

Merry Christmas, my friends.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.