Pages

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

The Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY . . . December 31, 2013

Outside my window . . . 25 degrees with a heavy frost and clear blue skies.

I am thinking . . . it's the last day of 2013. It hasn't been a bad year. Challenging might be the better term. We are ending the year with a mixed bag of stress and joy, but isn't that the way with most years?

I am thankful . . . for good friends and professionals that continue to support me daily, but especially when hard things hit.

In the kitchen . . . Honeybaked Ham Soup. Gotta get to the store and buy my black eye peas and greens for tomorrow's traditional meal.

I am wearing . . . my favorite homemade gown with my flannel robe and slippers and my parrot shawl.

I am creating . . . still in the wait and see mode. I need to get the holidays finished and packed up before starting anything new.

I am going . . . to do yoga with besties, LB and CCD, this morning. Do some laundry, and otherwise hang out with my guys.

I am wondering . . . about the ebb and flow of struggles. Do some people really glide through life without angst and drama?

I am reading . . . The House of Dies Drear by Virginia Hamilton. I've always wanted to read it and picked up a copy on my last trip to McKay Used Books.

I am looking forward to . . . the holidays being over. Don't get me wrong, we've had a good season overall, but I'm ready for a more dependable routine.

I am hearing . . . the ticking of the clock and Alan puttering and drinking his tea in the den. He surprised by being at home when I got up this morning.

Around the house . . . time to start de-Christmasing the house. I like having it all put away, but the process can be a bit daunting.

I am praying . . . for peace and contentment for all in the coming year.

One of my favorite things . . . routine. I bet I come back to this one every year!

A few plans for the rest of the week . . . yoga, soup making, a quick trip to the store, quiet at home celebrating tonight, and maybe a friend's house for a bit tomorrow. Then back to Bible study on Thursday.

Here is a picture for thought I am sharing . . .
reading shelf for the new year




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.