Pages

Tuesday, December 24, 2013

The Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY . . . December 24, 2013

Outside my window . . . I woke up to snow flurries! It's 28 degrees with clearing blue skies. We might hit 32 today.

I am thinking . . . it's Christmas Eve and I've never been this calm. Lowered expectation really help :)

I am thankful . . . that Alan and Sam had a fun few days in D.C. while Claire and I had fun here at home. They are due in tonight just in time for cookies, eggnog, and sparkling beverages.

In the kitchen . . . today there will be Milk Salad, pecan pie, chocolate chess pie, Cranberry Orange Bread, and Christmas Eve Cinnamon Buns.

I am wearing . . . sweat pants and my Rugby sweatshirt with stripy socks and Crocs.

I am creating . . . nothing new right now. After the holiday I have lots of plans.

I am going . . . to bake, wrap presents, and doing a bit of straightening up around the house, and then sit back and enjoy the rest of the day and night.

I am wondering . . . at the amazing gift of Christmas.

I am reading . . . The Martian Chronicles by Ray Bradbury. I'm working my way through it slowly for two reasons. The language is so lovely, and two, it's the holidays so there hasn't been much time for savoring beautiful phrases.

I am looking forward to . . . exchanging gifts with the family tonight and tomorrow. I enjoy watching others' reactions, and as I am a kid at heart, I love receiving gifts!

I am hearing . . . wind chimes, Claire wrapping presents to be delivered today, and the dogs wandering the house.

Around the house . . . just a bit of picking up to be done. Clean sheets on our bed. Lots of baking. It's a good day.

I am praying . . . for safety for all who are traveling this week. 

One of my favorite things . . . a day or two of doing what I want.

A few plans for the rest of the week . . . enjoying the holiday week!

Here is a picture for thought I am sharing . . .





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.