Pages

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

The Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY . . . December 3, 2013

Outside my window . . . the sky is overcast with traces of lingering fog. We've had several days in a row of clouds. I think we'll get some sunshine this afternoon.

I am thinking . . . about the holiday season. It can be a difficult time for me (and many others). This year I have decided to focus on Advent. To be more mindful of the purpose of Advent and more purposeful in acknowledging it. I am reading Ann Spangler's 
Immanuel: Praying the Names of God Through the Christmas Season, and I have created an advent wreath.

I am thankful . . . for continued care and improvement of my friend, Reco. 

In the kitchen . . . last night was cheese toast as dh had a colonoscopy yesterday morning. There hasn't been much cooking in the lead up to his procedure. It went well, so back to regular cooking now :)

I am wearing . . . my flannel robe and felt slippers.

I am creating . . . still working on crochet WIPs. 


I am going . . . my bestie's house today to craft and help her with a few things.

I am wondering . . . how best to alter my mood. I've been in a funk for a couple of weeks and I'm not sure how to break the cycle.

I am reading . . . Louise Penny's The Cruelest Month (Chief Inspector Armand Gamache #3)

I am looking forward to . . . getting back into a my routine. This crops up a lot, but I like the comfort of routine.

I am hearing . . . the dogs trotting around and dear daughter is talking with me as she wakes up.

Around the house . . . dd has been doing laundry, vacuuming, and cleaning fans (along with dh). I am most grateful for the help!

I am praying . . . for Reco, and for all those who struggle with the holidays.

One of my favorite things . . . is creating something beautiful.


A few plans for the rest of the week . . . work/fun/yoga with my bestie today. Therapy tomorrow. Final Bible study and luncheon for the year on Thursday, and maybe a trip to McKay on Friday with dd.

Here is a picture for thought I am sharing . . .
Tasha Tudor illustration
I love Tasha Tudor!




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.