Pages

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Bible Study x 3 = Thankful Thursday

Today I am grateful for the opportunity to submerse myself in Bible studies. I am trying something new this autumn. Traditionally, I do Precept Upon Precept Bible study by Kay Arthur. I have been doing these studies off and on for 12 or 15 years. This autumn my group is doing the Covenant lessons, which I have done before. It is my favorite! 



I also was given the opportunity to do Beth Moore's A Woman's Heart Bible study. I love to study about the Tabernacle, and while I've never done a Beth Moore study, I just felt that God wanted me in this class on Wednesday nights. We will take twenty weeks to complete the ten lessons, so I'm hoping that the combination will not wear me out completely! 


In addition to these two studies, my dh and I are doing a Sunday morning study called iMarriage by Andy Stanley. This is also a small group study with videos. 




So I have 3 studies which all have homework and videos to watch! Normally, I would be a basket case at having taken all of this on, but I truly believe God has led me to each of these studies at this time. "If God brings me to it, He will lead me through it." Right? 


So for my Thankful Thursday, I am thankful for these opportunities and I ask for your prayers to keep me faithful, healthy and prioritized over the next several months.


I'll keep you posted!




 For more Thankful Thursdays visit Grace Alone.

3 comments:

  1. Looks like you got some great studies going on! I love Kay Arthur and Beth Moore. I am actually going to be starting Kay Arthurs Precept study of Revelations in October!

    Happy TT! You can visit my TT Post at: http://bookandyarn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melanie, you are in for some bible studies. I love Kay Arthur and Beth Moore. I haven't done a Kay Arthur study in years, but I continue to read her as well as Beth. I am so thankful for such Godly bible teachers such as these two women.

    Hope your having a blessed day.
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You are one busy lady! Enjoy time spent exploring God's Word. By the way, I had the privilige of seeing Kay Arthur once. I will never forget it. She is truly annointed!

    ReplyDelete

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.