Pages

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Thankful Thursday -- December 23, 2010


Today I am thankful for . . . 

1. My dd. She is feeling much better and adjusting well since
her return from the treatment center. Yesterday she went
with me to the grocery store and helped me do the
pre-Christmas shopping; cleaned house; and was just a
 general blessing in my life as I continue to recover.

2. I am so grateful to be feeling better his morning! I was
beginning to think that I was not going to feel better before 
Christmas. Thankfully since yesterday afternoon I seem to 
be making more progress. 
Still taking it easy, but definitely heading in the 
right direction.

3. My Facebook friends. I posed a question yesterday about
 the trouble I've been having getting the anesthesia out
of my system. It helped so much that others shared
 their stories with reminders that I am not a wimp that
I'm having trouble with this.

4. Getting to the point this week that I was able to
remember the point of this season. It's not about
decorations, food, gifts, entertaining, or even family. 
It is about Jesus Christ. The ultimate Christmas gift. 
Thank you Father God!

5. All the blessings in my life that I take for granted so often.
I have a God who loves ME.
A wonderful family.
A warm home (albeit messy! LOL!)
Plenty of food to eat.
Fresh water to drink.
Clothes to wear.
I am blessed beyond reason.

May the rest of the holiday season unfold in gratitude for you and yours.

Have a wonderful Thankful Thursday!

They were also to stand every morning to thank and praise the LORD. They were to do the same in the evening . . .
-- I Chronicles 23:30

Look for more Thankful Thursday post @ Grace Alone.

4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you're all doing better. Have a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're indeed blessed, enjoyed reading your list, have a blessed and wonderful CHRISTmas!

    jhunnelle
    www.theemissarysfeet.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Blessed beyond reason."

    I am too. Merry Christmas!

    My thankful post is HERE.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here from TT, as well....

    Those are some wonderful things to be thankful for!
    Blessings to you and your family this Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.