Pages

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Rice Jardin

I love rice! There I said it.
I found this recipe years and years ago. I pull it out every summer as it's perfect for gardeners and non-gardeners alike. You can substitute any of the canned ingredients with fresh with no changes to the recipe. I'm sure you could use other veggies as, but I love these flavors so I use these. I usually substitute garlic for the coriander, but that's because I have an unnatural affinity for garlic

3/4 cup or one medium onion, chopped
1 lb. zucchini, thinly sliced
3 Tablespoons butter
1 cup canned whole kernel corn, drained OR fresh OR frozen
1 cup canned, diced tomatoes (I like the ones with basil, garlic and oregano) OR fresh tomatoes, diced
3 cups cooked rice
Salt and pepper to taste

Saute onions and zucchini in butter until tender. Add remaining ingredients (except for rice), cover, and simmer for 15 minutes. Stir vegetables and rice together. Serve as a side dish for 6 or a main dish for 4.

Easy, breezy, and yummy to boot!

Happy eating : )



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.