Pages

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

The Simple Woman's Daybook



FOR TODAY . . . August 28, 2012

Outside my window . . . fluffy white clouds against a robin's egg blue sky. The cherry tree is dropping leaves in earnest now. Warm today, but autumn is definitely on the way.

I am thinking . . . keeping expectations in line helps in dealing with disappointments. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting a different result.

I am thankful . . . for good friends, loving kids, and great husband.

In the kitchen . . . we are playing "let's clean out the refrigerator and freezer". It just seemed like a good time to put meals together out of what I have on hand, so each days is an adventure!

I am wearing . . . this gown from Vermont Country Store. I love cotton gowns more than anything in the world!

I am creating . . . afghans, afghans, and more afghans!

I am going . . . to have a day at home. Yoga here, Bible study, laundry, change the sheets, crochet. A nice stay at home day.

I am wondering . . . how God wants me to handle an extended family situation. I am listening and waiting.

I am reading . . . The Surgeon by Tess Gerritsen. It may be too gritty for my taste right now.

I am looking forward to . . . a quiet day around the house.

I am hearing . . . the quiet hum of electronics and traffic, punctuated by the occasional bird.

Around the house . . . bit by bit I'm clearing things away and making a simpler place to be.

I am pondering . . . the parent/child relationship. My relationship with parents, and my relationship with my children.

One of my favorite things . . . is feeling that I have done what needs to be done, so I can sit down and read or watch tv or crochet.

A few plans for the rest of the week . . . things are calmer than last week. Nothing much planned. Back to Precepts on Thursday and then the Labor Day weekend.

Here is a picture for thought I am sharing . . . 
flowers from the Franklin Farmer's Market

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.