Pages

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

The Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY . . . May 20, 2014

Outside my window . . . 68* and a clear blue sky!

I am thinking . . . about routine. Things have been so hectic lately I can't seem to get into a routine with vacuuming and dusting. I know it's a "first world problem" but on the other hand I have to fight the "I'm a bad person" syndrome when I'm not doing it regularly.

I am thankful . . . improved moods around the house.

In the kitchen . . . last night at ds's request we had Oven Fried Parmesan Chicken, corn on the cob, steamed broccoli, Sister Schubert rolls, and brownies. Tonight is looking like "clean out the refrigerator" night.

I am wearing . . . my homemade cotton gown.

I am creating . . . the mandala I started last week and I have a pair of pants cut out and ready to sew if I can just get a couple of hours to make them.


I am going . . . to have to do some clothes shopping for myself pretty soon, as pickings are getting quite slim in my closet.

I am wondering . . . about how to best prioritize some projects around the house. Everyone seems to have an opinion on what should be taken care of next, but I'm leaning toward my own personal preference.

I am reading . . .  still working on Something Other Than God by Jennifer Fulwiler

I am looking forward to . . . my schedule settling down a bit.

I am hearing . . . the usual morning activity as people leave for work, and my dogs wandering around before they settle for their morning nap.

Around the house . . . a little bit of clutter, but not too bad.

I am praying . . . for a friend whose mother died yesterday, and my friend who starts chemo tomorrow for pancreatic cancer.

One of my favorite things . . . is spending a day with my bestie, and I got to do that yesterday.

A few plans for the rest of the week . . . a couple of appointments today, tea with my mother and dd in the mornng, drive dh to Knoxville tomorrow afternoon, a day in Knoxville on Thursday, celebrating dd's birthday Thursday night, and maybe, if I'm lucky, absolutely NO PLANS for Friday!

Here is a picture for thought I am sharing . . . 
dh doing his thing in Philly



1 comment:

  1. Your dinner last night sounds yummy! Envious of your sewing projects/talent, I sew very little but would like to learn- as I would love to be able to sew some clothing.
    Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.