Pages

Tuesday, May 6, 2014

The Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY . . . May 6, 2014

Outside my window . . . clear blue skies. Nearing 70. Birds are singing and there is peace.

I am thinking . . . my post from yesterday and the wonderful words of support I received from friends. 

I am thankful . . . for my children and the lessons and opportunities they provide for me every day.

In the kitchen . . . fresh corn! Dh bought a bunch the other day and I've got to cook the rest of it today.

I am wearing . . . my Chinese lantern pants and a giant white t-shirt.

I am creating . . . a pair of summer pants for myself. I got them cut out and pinned yesterday, and then realized I didn't have any matching thread. 

I am going . . . sofa shopping this afternoon. We REALLY need a new sofa in our den, but I HATE shopping. Thankfully dd has agreed to go with me, and she is a very good shopper.

I am wondering . . . about a research study I have agreed to be a participant in on the practice of lectio divina.

I am reading . . . nothing right now, and that is never a good thing. I started the 2nd book in the Hangman's Daughter series, but I'm just not getting into it, so I'm heading to the library to look for some light spring/summer reading. Suggestions?

I am looking forward to . . . a haircut this afternoon.

I am hearing . . . peace and quiet -- my favorite.

Around the house . . . things are coming back together pretty nicely after last week's chaos.

I am praying . . . for peace and comfort for a friend who is struggling with fears and anxiety.

One of my favorite things . . . is accomplishing things. Yesterday was half-win/half-lose in the accomplishment category.

A few plans for the rest of the week . . . haircut, sofa shopping, a couple of meetings, Bible study (I hope to FINALLY get back), dinner to some folks with a kid in the hospital, and hiking with dh on Saturday.

Here is a picture for thought I am sharing . . . 
my new filing system




1 comment:

  1. I'm in desperate need of a haircut. I've got to make time to do it and soon!
    Your filing system looks awesome :)

    ReplyDelete

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.