Pages

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

The Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY . . . May 13, 2014

Outside my window . . . the sun is shining and the sky is blue. It's 75 already. We're still dealing with high pollen which makes breathing a bit problematic for us asthmatics!

I am thinking . . . about an email I got this morning from another survivor and how best to respond. I am honored and a bit afraid at the same time.

I am thankful . . . for a slower paced day today.

In the kitchen . . . lots of kale salad, slaw, and pasta salad -- and it's not even Memorial Day yet!

I am wearing . . . one of my favorite cotton gowns. It has pockets in it!

I am creating . . . a mandala using this pattern for Lucy's Yarndale project. Here's my start


I am going . . . to have a window installer come by and measure for some new windows for our bedrooms.

I am wondering . . . so many things! 

I am reading . . . Dorothy Must Die by Danielle Paige 

and Something Other Than God by Jennifer Fulwiler
Remember last week when I had nothing to read? Not a problem anymore.

I am looking forward to . . . a weekend get-away with dh and a chance to see a friend from college.

I am hearing . . . the blessed quiet as the dogs are settled, dh and dd are gone for the morning while ds is still snoozing away.

Around the house . . . dd cleaned as my Mother's Day gift. Quite lovely :)

I am praying . . . for a former co-worker dealing with multiple health issues including pancreatic cancer, and a young lady whose mother died on Sunday.

One of my favorite things . . . is flowers, but I'm very good at killing plants. I'm trying my hand again this summer, but keeping everything in pots. So far I have geraniums and begonias. I bought some clematis to plant as well. Here's hoping I can keep them alive all summer long.

A few plans for the rest of the week . . . an appointment today, contractor this afternoon, day at home tomorrow (!), Bible study on Thursday I hope, and then off to Philadelphia with the hubs for the weekend.

Here is a picture for thought I am sharing . . . 



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.