Pages

Friday, October 24, 2014

Dare


"I dare you. I double dog dare you."

I don't take dares. I never played truth or dare but once. I hated it. It felt as if I were allowing myself to be set up, and I'd had quite enough of that already, thank you very much.

But then I look at the definition 

:to have enough courage or confidence to do something 
:to not be too afraid to do something 
:to do (something that is difficult or that 
people are usually afraid to do)

And I realize, I may not take dares, but I do dare. Every single day that I had acknowledge my survival I am daring to live an authentic life. To call truth, truth. To call darkness and evil, darkness and evil. 

So I dare you today, confront boldly, contend against, venture, try. You might be surprised by how daring you are.






7 comments:

  1. I may not be daring either but I do dare. I like how you defined dare in this post. Stopping by from the #write31days FB page!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I joined the dare & did the 5 minutes... that was painless & I think I'll do it again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes... I think we all have Brave within us and it just surfaces and shows up in different ways. It sounds like many of the ways it has showed up in and through you have been vital... thank you for standing tall and speaking truth! Stopping by from our 31Dayers fb group! Glad you joined in with FMF too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved how you wrote about dare...and I may do the 5 minute challenge too. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like that take on "dare" - I have read a few others today and this gave me something to think about, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely post (I came over from FMF)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I found this particular #FMF a hard one to write for me. Your words are beautiful, my friend. God bless you!

    ReplyDelete

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.