Pages

Sunday, October 5, 2014

Learn


It's Sunday morning and my dh comes home from Malaysia tonight. He is flying from Hong Kong to Dallas, TX right now, and hopefully getting some sleep.

What have I learned while he's been gone? That I don't sleep or keep a schedule well when he's not around. And that video chatting is better than not hearing from him, but it's a far cry from face to face time spent together. Don't get me wrong, I'm thrilled that I could see his face and hear his voice, but there is a stilted nature to these conversations. Maybe we need better equipment. Maybe it's just the distance between us, but it was difficult to converse casually with each other. 

I knew I didn't sleep well without him before he ever left, but as I mentioned earlier this week, I spent some time trying to determine more specifically why. I thought about the idea of safety. The concept that I'm not dependent on him to "keep me safe". I am an adult. Fully capable of taking care of myself. 

I don't know that I've fully conquered this sleeping alone demon, but I certainly made some progress.







0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.