Pages

Sunday, October 12, 2014

Day 12


“What a beautiful sight it is for God when a Christian mocks at the clatter of the tools of death and the horror of the executioner; when he defends and upholds his liberty in the face of kings and princes, obeying God alone to whom he belongs. Among us, boys and frail women laugh to scorn torture and the gallows cross, the wild beasts and all the other horrors of execution!”  -- Early church apologist Minucius 

###

“Breaking the secret is incredibly freeing & empowering. ‘I own my life’ she proclaims by telling the truth about her pain. ‘This happened to me & I can do with it whatever I want to. You do not own me, you do not control me & you cannot hurt me or destroy me as I used to believe you could.’ To break the secret is to say, ‘Somebody hurt me. I was victimized & I protest!’” -- Secret Survivors by E. Sue Blume

###

Inward happiness almost always follows a kind action. -- Father Faber (365 Days of Wonder: Mr. Browne's Book of Precepts by R. J. Palacio)

###

I hope this day has been a day of rest and self-care for each of you.

Peace and blessings!

linking up with Write 31 Days


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.